Los Angeles, California: Big Hat From Former Brown DerbyThe old Brown Derby restaurant hat is on the 3rd floor of a building at Brown Derby Plaza.
- 3377 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA
- On the northeast corner of Wilshire Blvd and Alexandria Ave.
- Always visible. (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About Big Hat From Former Brown Derby
It no longer looks like this. A preservation group got it designated as a landmark which meant it could not be torn down, however it could be modified. Its been moved to the back of the plaza and painted an ugly salmon color, but it's still visible from Wilshire.[Don, 07/04/2011]
The old Brown Derby restaurant hat is alive and well not far from its original location at Whilshire Blvd and S. Alexandria Ave. It currently resides on the 3rd floor of a building at Brown Derby Plaza.
This Brown Derby has been "saved" -- moved not far from its original position on the corner and now 30 feet above the sidewalk.[Phil Pasquini, 10/19/2006]
The last of the five famous Brown Derby restaurants is threatened with demolition to make way for development. Starting as the Brown Derby Car Cafe, it opened in 1940, and became a social fixture in Hollywood.... [09/20/2005] Complete News Story
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Godzilla (1956) Filmed Here Plaque, Los Angeles, CA - < 1 mi.
- Home for Wayward Streetlights, Los Angeles, CA - 2 mi.
- Speaking in Tongues Began Here, Los Angeles, CA - 2 mi.
- Last Surviving Tunnel Entrance To The 1925 LA Subway, Los Angeles, CA - 2 mi.