Anchorage, Alaska: Snow Plow TrainYou wouldn't want to be stuck on the tracks when this came along.
Potter Historical Site
- Seward Hwy, Anchorage, AK
- Three miles south of the city, on the west side of Hwy 1/Seward Hwy. Just off the road.
Visitor Tips and News About Snow Plow Train
Sadly, the train is blocked off with fences now. Kids (and adults) are not able to explore it any more.[Karyn McDaniel, 12/03/2011]
Here is a view of the snow plow train showing the front (re) blades that grind the snow on the tracks.[Bill Bream, 03/02/2007]
Just past the anchorage city limits, there is a park on the right side. You can see a huge train that was used to clear the rails yonder back and a few related items as well.[Adam Scott Lankford, 10/25/2005]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Grave of Annabelle, Painting Elephant, Anchorage, AK - 5 mi.
- Gravity Hill, Anchorage, AK - 4 mi.
- Big Roller Skate on a Pole, Anchorage, AK - 7 mi.
- Northernmost U.S. Monument to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, Anchorage, AK - 12 mi.