Oakland, California: Grave of the Black Dahlia, Elizabeth Short
The victim of a sensational unsolved Hollywood murder in 1947 is buried in Mountain View Cemetery.
Mountain View Cemetery
- 5000 Piedmont Ave., Oakland, CA
- Mountain View Cemetery at the end of Piedmont Avenue.
- 8 am until sunset. (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About Grave of the Black Dahlia, Elizabeth Short
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Grave of the Black Dahlia, Elizabeth Short
Elizabeth Short was brutally murdered in Los Angeles in 1947 and her murder was called The Black Dahlia Murder. Ms. Short is buried in the Mountain View Cemetery in Oakland, California.
[Phil Pasquini, 02/09/2007]
July 1, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Spiral Staircase To Nowhere, Pismo, California
- Giant Snow Beanie, Big Pine, California
- Bunny Museum, Pasadena, California
- Giant Fork, Pasadena, California
- Where People Speak Boontling, Boonville, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Titanic: World's Largest Museum Attraction, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
- Lopsided Pink Dog, Memphis, Tennessee
- Welcome Alien Statue, Roswell, New Mexico
- Art Tigers, Memphis, Tennessee
- Carved Wooden Farmer, Chatfield, Minnesota