Oakland, California: Grave of the Black Dahlia, Elizabeth Short
The victim of a sensational unsolved Hollywood murder in 1947 is buried in Mountain View Cemetery.
Mountain View Cemetery
- 5000 Piedmont Ave., Oakland, CA
- Mountain View Cemetery at the end of Piedmont Avenue.
- 8 am until sunset. (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About Grave of the Black Dahlia, Elizabeth Short
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Grave of the Black Dahlia, Elizabeth Short
Elizabeth Short was brutally murdered in Los Angeles in 1947 and her murder was called The Black Dahlia Murder. Ms. Short is buried in the Mountain View Cemetery in Oakland, California.
[Phil Pasquini, 02/09/2007]
September 5, 2015
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Uniroyal Gal in California, Hayward, California
- Taxidermy with Mexican Food, Barstow, California
- Merle Haggard's Boxcar Home, Black Gold Oil Exhibit, Bakersfield, California
- Roy's Cafe Motel - Famous Sign, Amboy, California
- Muffler Man - Cowboy Willy, Willits, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Barnacopia Agricultural Museum, Polo, Illinois
- Civil War Tails at the Homestead Museum, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
- 22-Foot-Tall Transformer, Stillwater, Oklahoma
- Unclaimed Baggage Center, Scottsboro, Alabama
- Flintstones Bedrock City, Custer, South Dakota