Haines, Alaska: Hammer Museum
Featuring a towering 20-foot-tall hammer at the entrance, owner Dave Pahl has more than 2,200 of its smaller kin inside.
- 108 Main St., Haines, AK
- Just up the hill from the boat harbor.
- May-Sep. M-F 10-5 (Call to verify)
- $3 (Kids 12 and under Free)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Hammer Museum
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This museum is in downtown Haines, about a ten minute walk from the ferry boat from Skagway (only a 45 minute ferry ride from the cruise ship docks in Skagway). The museum attendant said there were about 1,700 hammers displayed and about 7,000 in storage. The museum was started because the owner's wife would let him have only 100 hammers at home.
I saw two gag hammers. One is a two-handed hammer given by a factory as a safety award. The other is an electric hammer that doesn't work any differently when it is plugged in.
[Dan Kaplan, 07/21/2011]
The Hammer Museum, located on Main Street, has over 1,400 hammers on display. This unique museum is easy to find as there is a very large hammer in front. On display in four rooms are various collections of hammers from ancient times through the industrial age.
[Margie Hovde and daughter Brinn, 07/29/2007]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Skagway Brothel Museum, Skagway, AK - 16 mi.
- Grave of Polly the Parrot, Carcross, YT, Canada - 69 mi.
- World's Smallest Desert, Carcross, YT, Canada - 71 mi.
- Wizard of Oz Metal Statues, Juneau, AK - 69 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
September 18, 2014
Alaska Latest Tips and Stories
- Salty Dawg Saloon, Homer, Alaska
- Whispering Giant - Indian Head, Valdez, Alaska
- Lonesome Fish, Valdez, Alaska
- Cat Mayor, Talkeetna, Alaska
- World's Largest Gold Pan, Nome, Alaska
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Calgary Tower: Glass Floor, Calgary, Alberta
- Shrine Of Our Lady Of Good Help, New Franken, Wisconsin
- Two-headed Calf, Boise, Idaho
- Hitler's Tea Service and Spy Weapons, Anniston, Alabama
- Large Bull, Franklin, Kentucky
Latest Visitor Tips