New Orleans, Louisiana: Statue of Ignatius J. ReillyThe unlikely hero of John Kennedy Toole's Pulitzer Prize-winning novel, "A Confederacy of Dunces," in life-size bronze.
Chateau Bourbon Hotel
- Canal St., New Orleans, LA
- On the sidewalk entrance to Chateau Bourbon Hotel (former site of D.H. Holmes Dept. Store from the book), on the northeast side of Canal St. between Dauphine and Bourbon Sts.
Visitor Tips and News About Statue of Ignatius J. Reilly
The Ignatius J. Reilly statue has been returned to its rightful place on Canal Street. A friend photographed it on October 11, 2011.[JB, 10/12/2011]
Someone attempted unsuccessfully to steal the statue again the first week of December, 2009. It has been removed, but no one seems to know exactly where it is.[JB, 01/25/2010]
Bronze statue of Ignatius J. Reilly, bumbling hero of Pulitzer Prize winning novel A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole. Temporarily removed by hotel in 2007 due to attempted thefts! But, thankfully, it was put back.[Kate Zarvis, 06/10/2008]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Historical Wax Museum of New Orleans, New Orleans, LA - < 1 mi.
- Statue of Molly Marine, New Orleans, LA - < 1 mi.
- Nicholas Cage's Pyramid Tomb, New Orleans, LA - < 1 mi.
- Fats Domino's Waterlogged Piano and other Katrina Relics, New Orleans, LA - < 1 mi.