New Orleans, Louisiana: Statue of Ignatius J. Reilly
The unlikely hero of John Kennedy Toole's Pulitzer Prize-winning novel, "A Confederacy of Dunces," in life-size bronze.
Chateau Bourbon Hotel
- Canal St., New Orleans, LA
- On the sidewalk entrance to Chateau Bourbon Hotel (former site of D.H. Holmes Dept. Store from the book), on the northeast side of Canal St. between Dauphine and Bourbon Sts.
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Ignatius Reilly statue
Visitor Tips and News About Statue of Ignatius J. Reilly
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The Ignatius J. Reilly statue has been returned to its rightful place on Canal Street. A friend photographed it on October 11, 2011.
Ignatius J. Reilly statue
Someone attempted unsuccessfully to steal the statue again the first week of December, 2009. It has been removed, but no one seems to know exactly where it is.
Statue of Ignatius J. Reilly
Bronze statue of Ignatius J. Reilly, bumbling hero of Pulitzer Prize winning novel A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole. Temporarily removed by hotel in 2007 due to attempted thefts! But, thankfully, it was put back. [Kate Zarvis, 06/10/2008]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
November 28, 2014
Louisiana Latest Tips and Stories
- Cemetery Chapel with Hands and Feet, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Pharmacy Museum, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Insectarium: Largest Bug Museum in U.S., New Orleans, Louisiana
- Marker: Where Stars Flirted with Local Girls, Morganza, Louisiana
- Birthplace of Willie Robertson, Bernice, Louisiana
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Housewife-Whacking Meteor Fell Here, Oak Grove, Alabama
- Feature: Alabama's Housewife-Whacking Meteorite, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Blue Whale, Catoosa, Oklahoma
- Biloxi Katrina Trees, Biloxi, Mississippi
- Grave of Sam Kinison, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Latest Visitor Tips