Adelanto, California: Miraculous Giant Healing Buddhist Statue
The 24-ft. tall Quan yin statue attracts many who believe that it possesses healing powers and radiates a white light.
Buddhist Meditation Center
- 20635 Hwy 395, Adelanto, CA
- Buddhist Meditation Center, Hwy 395, north of Chamberlaine Way and Desoto Ave. Location approximate.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Miraculous Healing Giant Buddhist Statue
Visitor Tips and News About Miraculous Giant Healing Buddhist Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
A 24-foot-tall, 60-ton white marble statue of Quan yin, an "Enlightened One," is part of a Buddhist meditation center in the Mojave Desert. The planned $15 million temple is the vision of a senior citizen monk, Thich Dang "Tom" Phap, who lives next to the statue in a trailer. The Quan yin statue attracts many Buddhist visitors, who believe that it possesses healing powers and radiates a white light.
The center's walkway features statues of 18 other Enlightened Ones.
[RoadsideAmerica.com Team, 12/01/2008]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
September 23, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Reiff's Front Lawn Gas Station, Woodland, California
- Nitt Witt Ridge, Cambria, California
- Giant Aluminum Can Man, East Los Angeles, California
- LA County Coroner's Gift Shop, Los Angeles, California
- Mud Pots, Niland, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Happy Ray Charles in Bronze, Greenville, Florida
- Abraham Lincoln Reads on a Horse, Lincoln City, Oregon
- Feature: Strange Head of Andrew Jackson, Gainesboro, Tennessee
- Feature: Mural of Ronald Reagan, a Great American, Cookeville, Tennessee
- Feature: Extruded Heads of 1930s Sports Stars, Russellville, Kentucky
Latest Visitor Tips