Adelanto, California: Miraculous Giant Healing Buddhist Statue
The 24-ft. tall Quan yin statue attracts many who believe that it possesses healing powers and radiates a white light.
Buddhist Meditation Center
- 20635 Hwy 395, Adelanto, CA
- Buddhist Meditation Center, Hwy 395, north of Chamberlaine Way and Desoto Ave. Location approximate.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Miraculous Healing Giant Buddhist Statue
Visitor Tips and News About Miraculous Giant Healing Buddhist Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
A 24-foot-tall, 60-ton white marble statue of Quan yin, an "Enlightened One," is part of a Buddhist meditation center in the Mojave Desert. The planned $15 million temple is the vision of a senior citizen monk, Thich Dang "Tom" Phap, who lives next to the statue in a trailer. The Quan yin statue attracts many Buddhist visitors, who believe that it possesses healing powers and radiates a white light.
The center's walkway features statues of 18 other Enlightened Ones.
[RoadsideAmerica.com Team, 12/01/2008]
May 24, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Metal Dinosaurs, Joshua Tree, California
- World Famous Crochet Museum, Joshua Tree, California
- Big Orange, Dixon, California
- Wurlitzer Dancing Maiden Fountain, Burlingame, California
- Mother Earth, Fairfield, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Walleye Capital of the World, Port Clinton, Ohio
- Prehistoric Forest and Mystery Hill, Marblehead, Ohio
- Caboose Memorial to "Ribs" Peel, Roberta, Georgia
- Anderson Warehouse Graffiti, Ephraim, Wisconsin
- World Globe Storage Tank, Savannah, Georgia