Adelanto, California: Miraculous Giant Healing Buddhist Statue
The 24-ft. tall Quan yin statue attracts many who believe that it possesses healing powers and radiates a white light.
Buddhist Meditation Center
- 20635 Hwy 395, Adelanto, CA
- Buddhist Meditation Center, Hwy 395, north of Chamberlaine Way and Desoto Ave. Location approximate.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Miraculous Healing Giant Buddhist Statue
Visitor Tips and News About Miraculous Giant Healing Buddhist Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
A 24-foot-tall, 60-ton white marble statue of Quan yin, an "Enlightened One," is part of a Buddhist meditation center in the Mojave Desert. The planned $15 million temple is the vision of a senior citizen monk, Thich Dang "Tom" Phap, who lives next to the statue in a trailer. The Quan yin statue attracts many Buddhist visitors, who believe that it possesses healing powers and radiates a white light.
The center's walkway features statues of 18 other Enlightened Ones.
[RoadsideAmerica.com Team, 12/01/2008]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
October 21, 2014
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Bar Covered with Pennies - Penny Bar, McKittrick, California
- Top Gun House, Oceanside, California
- Granite Sculpture of Lake Tahoe, Kings Beach, California
- Westernmost 9/11 Flight 93 Memorial, Union City, California
- Iron Zoo - Oil Pump Art, Coalinga, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Western Mining Museum, Helper, Utah
- Elvis Shrine Inside Trophy Business Showroom, Hartford, Connecticut
- Giant Pepsi Can, Worthing, South Dakota
- Aztec Crash Site, Aztec, New Mexico
- Dolphin Tree Carving, Blowing Cave, Kennebunkport, Maine
Latest Visitor Tips