Palo Alto, California: Body of Urban Myth
Nude woman holding a laundromat washing machine above her head forms the waterfall of this fountain in Sheridan Square.
Body of Urban Myth
Visitor Tips and News About Body of Urban Myth
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The nude classic sculpture holding a laundromat washing machine above her head forms the waterfall of this fountain in Palo Alto's Sheridan Square. The 1997 bronze fountain by Brian Goggin (see San Francisco, Defenestration) is meant to create a dilemma for future archaeologists to decipher because of the washing machine and the classic sculpture components. Goggin is a site specific sculptor who has created many of the San Francisco Bay Area's more perplexing monuments.
The sculpture is located in the courtyard of the Café Riace. There are also 2 larger than life size classic Greek (460-430 B.C.) bronze warriors reproductions of the famous "Due Bronzi di Riace" that were discovered in Riace, Italy in 1972.
[Phil Pasquini, 03/05/2009]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
October 30, 2014
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Building Shaped Like a Camera, Westminster, California
- Teddy Bear Made of Boulders, La Jolla, California
- Dr. Seuss and Cat in the Hat, La Jolla, California
- World's Largest Jack O' Lantern, Wilmington, California
- Feature: Junk Sculpture of Star Wars C3PO, Emeryville, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Wolf's Museum of Mystery, St. Augustine, Florida
- Yellow Submarine, Hobart, Washington
- Dinosaur Ridge, Morrison, Colorado
- Detroit Chimera Graffiti Mural, Detroit, Michigan
- Lizard Butte, Marsing, Idaho
Latest Visitor Tips