Los Angeles, California: Tunnel to Toontown
Highway tunnel was the entrance to Toontown in 1988's "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" and has appeared in other movies and TV shows.
Mount Hollywood Tunnel
- Vermont Canyon Rd., Los Angeles, CA
- Mount Hollywood Tunnel. Los Feliz Blvd., then north on Vermont Ave. into Griffith Park, onto Vermont Canyon Road.
Tunnel to Toontown
Visitor Tips and News About Tunnel to Toontown
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
An otherwise non-descript tunnel in Griffith Park has been pressed into service as a location for many movies. It was the trans-dimensional entrance to Toontown in 1988's "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" and also used in "Back to the Future 2" (1989) for an exciting car vs. hoverboard chase. Also the entrance to NORAD in "WarGames" (1983).
Drivers are advised to proceed slowly to avoid crushing cyclists or pedestrians. Continue on this road up to Griffith Observatory for a nice view of the Hollywood sign.
[RoadsideAmerica.com Team, 02/06/2010]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
August 28, 2014
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Donner Party Monument - Cannibals!, Truckee, California
- Big Rooster on Grassy Hillside, Jackson, California
- Preston Castle - Haunted Boys Prison, Ione, California
- Adventures of Superman Plaque, Tarzana, California
- Bodie State Historic Park - Ghost Town, Bodie, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Popeye Statue, Springdale, Arkansas
- Walking Dead Town, Senoia, Georgia
- Where Elvis Spent His Honeymoon, Horn Lake, Mississippi
- Former Smallest Book in the World, Cleveland, Ohio
- Jurustic Park, Marshfield, Wisconsin
Latest Visitor Tips