Lafayette, Louisiana: Lafayette's Photogenic Fireman
Bare-chested muscular fireman wrestles with his hose in a depiction that still smokes.
- 300 E. Vermilion St., Lafayette, LA
- Downtown, in front of Central Fire Station. On the south side of E. Vermilion St. just west of Lee Ave. and one block west of US Hwy 167/Johnston St.
Lafayette, Louisiana - Fame! Too Much of it is Killing Fireman Statue
Lafayette's Photogenic Fireman:
In 1970, two young firemen built a statue outside the Central Fire Station in Lafayette, Louisiana. It's a fireman, stripped to his undershirt, bent over a hose that's writhing like a giant snake, pointing toward an unseen inferno with a dramatic gesture.
[05/11/2011] Complete Story...
May 28, 2015
Louisiana Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: National WWII Museum, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Nicholas Cage's Pyramid Tomb, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Feature: Flashy Tombs of Metairie Cemetery, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Feature: Quirky Monuments of New Orleans, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Feature: Nicholas Cage's Pyramid Tomb, New Orleans, Louisiana
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Hay Bale Dress Up, Berryville, Virginia
- 36-Foot-Tall Statues Of The Beatles, Houston, Texas
- Giant Chair, Berryville, Virginia
- Renaissance-Lover's Castle, Arrington, Tennessee
- Carmen Miranda Zebra, Austin, Texas