Jennings, Louisiana: Gator Chateau
In a small, air-conditioned building next to Louisiana's first oil derrick, visitors can see live alligators and pose with a baby gator. Formerly the Chateau des Cocodries.
Louisiana Oil and Gas Park
- 100 Rue de l'Acadie, Jennings, LA
- Gator Chateau, I-10 exit 64, go north on Hwy 26, left on north Frontage Rd, right onto Rue de l'Acadie into Louisiana Oil and Gas Park.
- M0Sa 9-5, Feeding Jun-Sep 3:30 pm. (Call to verify)
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Gator Chateau
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Fun stop right off the highway. Along with the gators, there's a large playground and a paved path around a pond to stretch your legs. [JC, 03/16/2015]
Chateau des Cocodries - House of Alligators
You can hold and pet live alligators! It's located right next to I-10, exit 64 in Jennings, LA.
May 26, 2015
Louisiana Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: National WWII Museum, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Nicholas Cage's Pyramid Tomb, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Feature: Flashy Tombs of Metairie Cemetery, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Feature: Quirky Monuments of New Orleans, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Feature: Nicholas Cage's Pyramid Tomb, New Orleans, Louisiana
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Korean War Foxhole, San Antonio, Texas
- Buckhorn Hall of Horns, San Antonio, Texas
- Tin Man from Oz, Readfield, Wisconsin
- Cave Restaurant, Richland, Missouri
- Eclectic Menagerie Park - Metal Sculptures, Houston, Texas