Davis, California: Dancing Ceramic PigsWhimsical pigs to distract children while Mom gets her shopping second wind.
- 1431 W. Covell Blvd., Davis, CA
- From the Bay Area, take I-80 E to 113 N. Get off at exit 29 (Cowell Blvd) and turn right at the end of the exit ramp. The pigs are in the shopping center on left, outside a Peet's coffee shop.
Visitor Tips and News About Dancing Ceramic Pigs
We go to Davis often and my daughter always wants to see the "piggies." We love them. They remind me of that game where you threw the plastic pigs and got points based on how they landed. Also, this pit stop is a perfect excuse to get a Coldstone ice cream![Kelly, 06/23/2010]
Don't go out of your way for this one. The three pigs are here in the shopping plaza as promised, snouts tilted skyward. But they aren't very large, ringed closely by a hedge and a couple of tables for customers to sip their coffee.[RoadsideAmerica.com Team, 11/16/2009]
Seven-foot tall mosaic ceramic pigs of terror, frozen for all time in positions of merriment.[Cmonster, 07/06/2002]
Aug. 2003: Tipster Drew Dekreon observes -- "At "The Marketplace"outdoor shopping mall, look for the fountain, just west of the pigs (near Safeway). Tile mosaic fountain with life-size ceramic cow and pig heads protruding from wall. Water spews from cow's mouth and pig's nostrils!"
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Computer Science Museum - UC Davis, Davis, CA - 2 mi.
- Caterpillar with 7 Pairs of Shoes, Davis, CA - 2 mi.
- Stan the Submerging Man: Colorful Giant Made of Junk, Davis, CA - 2 mi.
- In the region: Lockeford Sausage Cow, Lockeford, CA - 43 mi.