Morgan City, Louisiana: Famous Oil Rig Open For Tours
RoadsideAmerica.com Team Field Report
International Petroleum Museum
- 111 First St., Morgan City, LA
- International Petroleum Museum. On the banks of the Atchafalaya River. Exit US Hwy 90 at Berwick, then take Hwy 182 east across the river into Morgan City. Make a quick right onto First St. Mr. Charlie is around a half-mile south, on the south side of Railroad Ave. and the river side of the levee.
- M-Sa, 2 hr. tours at 10 and 2 (call in advance). (Call to verify)
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Famous Oil Rig Open For Tours
Visitor Tips and News About Famous Oil Rig Open For Tours
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
We scored a private tour on the day we were there and enjoyed a very informative afternoon. The guide was more than happy to talk process, tools, and politics... it's pretty much an all-access tour.
[Corey T, 04/23/2012]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 18, 2014
Louisiana Latest Tips and Stories
- Mike the Tiger, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Oldest Bar in the the US, New Orleans, Louisiana
- First Bowie Knife, Marksville, Louisiana
- Cemetery Chapel with Hands and Feet, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Pharmacy Museum, New Orleans, Louisiana
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Bailey Art Museum - Robots of Clayton Bailey, Crockett, California
- Big Moose Country Store, Hoosick, New York
- Confederate Nuclear Missile, Cordele, Georgia
- Grave of Rocky's Adrian, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- World's Largest Functioning Fire Hydrant, Las Vegas, Nevada
Latest Visitor Tips