Roadside America: A tribe of fiberglass titans, 14 to 25 feet tall, stands watch along the vibrant roadside landscape. The first statues that we spotted held big car mufflers, so we named them "Muffler Men." You can help discover more!
- George Farnham, Unger, WV, let us know about this great drone video tour above and around the Farnham Colossi. ("George's Giants" by Robert Peak)
- American Giants Ep. 10
- Hayward's Happy Halfwit Hollywood
- Weaponized Bunyan, Hayward, CA
Check for recent eyewitness tips and leads on Muffler Men, Uniroyal Gals and their ilk.
Learn the types and characteristics of classics, hybrids, mutants -- their postures, their accessories, and their imitators. Hone your spotter skills!
Our specially configured Muffler Men Map reveals a happy continent of fiberglass giants. The original tracking chart lingers, full of our research and travelers' reports since we created the Muffler Men Home Page in 1996.
Where do they come from? Our interview with someone who really knows the "Origin of the Species."
Friend or foe? Biding their time for 50 years, true intent and machinations are still hazy to the non-fiberglass population.
Emerging Breeds, Related Roadside Giants, Competing Species
- Auto Parts Sculptures: Some call these "muffler men," too. Bah!
- Big Friend Extermination: The shame of the advertising industry.
- Uniroyal Gals: Perky Jackie Kennedy lookalikes.
- Frankenmuffler: Hard to explain.
- Big in Pictures: Bit parts for Muffler Man in movies and TV.
- Strange Sentries: Excursions across the border.
- True Tales: Accounts and revelations from the field.
- Muffler Man Gifts and Gear : T-shirts, mugs, and other swag.